Wednesday, December 17, 2008

although i'm no longer in middle school, i still love nofx.



i had never seen this video before. weird. fat mike wasn't so fat back then either..

some newer nofx:



"i never looked around, never second guessed, then i read some howard zinn and i'm always depressed..."

--------------------

i remember finishing (well, most of it) a people's history of the united states by zinn around my senior year of high school. i still feel that it was the anti-government, dis-establishment message of punk rock that innately pushed me in the direction of authors like zinn or chomsky...

2 comments:

WrongEmBoyo said...

I think white trash is my fav nofx album...any thoughts?

jonesone said...

punk in drublic forever!! u were a punk litle fukk thanks to ME! remember when u got in trouble for writing offspring lyrics in yer note book in like 3rd grade? mom and dad had a shit fit and asked me where u even got that tape and i was just like, "i dunno." epitaph ruled my world from like 93 to 98.