Friday, December 10, 2010

sufjan stevens sucks.



come on P.I. brethren, don't let me down on this one. if i'm wrong, let me know and i'll only argue about it if i'm super drunk.

i've listened to his "old stuff", i gave the 'age of adz' plenty of listens on the recommendation of some fairly reputable sources and came back each time thinking the same thing:

sufjan whatever the fuck his name is is overrated and crummy.

the album is boring, the songs go nowhere, nothing catches me, yet i've heard some people hailing this ahole as the next jeebus christ.

so, am i blowing it here?

or metaphorically poking it right in that mental gspot we're all thinking?

as always, because this is AMERICA LAND OF THE FUCKIN FREE, you make the call!

3 comments:

Ripster said...

Disagree. Can't stop listening to the new album in fact. Of course, I got attached during one of the better mushroom experiences I've had. S'all perception.

hacksaw jim chuggins said...

i feel i want to like it but it does nada for me..

Heath K. Grogley said...

All of his albums are terrible.

This is like very common knowledge and you are not the only one who thinks "Adz" was terrible.