Thursday, November 6, 2008

Bush and Obama Dinner Party

From CNN.com
"President-elect Barack Obama and President Bush are set to meet in the White House on Monday, a get-together both men say they are looking forward to.

“Michelle and I look forward to meeting with President Bush and the First Lady on Monday to begin the process of a smooth, effective transition," Obama said in a statement. "I thank him for reaching out in the spirit of bipartisanship that will be required to meet the many challenges we face as a nation."

Meanwhile, White House Press Secretary Dana Perino said the two men will sit down in the Oval Office."

--------------------------

Completely normal, I know. But, this mandatory dinner and my natural skepticism of politics (despite all the faith we have in Obama) just reminds me of this Bill Hicks bit.

No comments: