Thursday, October 30, 2008

Why I'm Feeling Pretty Confident

Lately I've heard a lot of mumblings from people that they are afraid McCain might pull off an upset. They usually qualify this by saying, I know it looks like Obama is going to win, but I thought Kerry would win in '04 too, and then I was shocked on election day. For whatever reason, a lot of people seem to think that Bush pulled the '04 election out of his ass, by some last minute move by Rove, or by some shenanigans in Ohio. What people seem to forget is that Bush was leading the polls going in to election day 4 years ago. This just isn't the case at all right now. I can't emphasize this point any better than by providing these links from Electoral-Vote.com


The Electoral Map on October 30th, 2004


The Electoral Map on October 30th, 2008

1 comment:

JambonFromage!!! said...

yeah, if you do the math...obama could lose every swing state (OH, FL, VA, MS, etc.) except for PN, CO, and NM and win the election. great odds.