Saturday, May 22, 2010

thumbs up, thumbs down.

In the local paper of the town 'snipe and I grew up in there contains an avenue of dialogue for both the timid and the boisterous. The venue is known as 'Thumbs up or Thumbs down?'. A typical thumbs up might be some schmuck-parent praising his/her shitty kid for getting good grades. A typical thumbs down is some shmuck-parent complaining about his/her shitty kid's playing time in a recreational/school sport. For whatever reason, (nostalgia, homesickness), I enjoy reading the "paper" online from time to time. And, for whatever reason, this months thumbs up/down were hilarious. The editor must've loosened up because I never remember them being this good...

this one made me laugh the most:

"Thumbs Down: Who's the Mook driving around with the 'Brooklyn' vanity plate? Do you realize you live in New England, proud home of the Sox and Pats? Geesh, talk about a turd in a punch bowl...I bet you're the guy I see at Market Basket with the Yankees hat on. Go back to the Jersey Shores with the rest of those Choochs."

if interested, read the whole stink rag here!

No comments: